15 April 2011

Happy Job News + Blinks

Friday! (Finally, right? This week felt oddly elongated). Let's kick things off with a few blinks (blog links):


A porcelain moth tulip teacup in baby blue? Can't get it off my mind. (spotted on Third Room Studio)



 Speaking of tea, this Robot tea-infuser is genius! (spotted on Swiss-Miss)

Marginally obsessing over these striped backpacks from Poketo. (discovered via Alli)


This sweet clip almost made me cry (from delight) on the train. (via Four Leaf Clover)

I would probably live in this Mediterranean striped butterfly dress all summer if it were hanging in my closet (seen on Down & Out Chic)

First of all, thank you for taking the time to visit this week. I am continuously humbled by your candid interest in what I have to offer. Before signing off for the weekend, I want to share the news I hinted at on Monday: I secured a permanent teaching position for the fall! A few weeks ago, I was offered a dream job at a school I really love. I didn't expect to land an offer that fast, so I asked for some time to mull it over. As of last Thursday, I decided to accept. I'll have my own classroom (three-year-olds) at a wonderful preschool in the city, and I am thrilled. While I'll certainly miss the school where I currently teach, it was only a two-year contract aligning with the end of my master's program. I cannot wait to move forward in my career and feel blessed to be headed somewhere I am truly excited about. New adventures abound!

I'll share more specifics in the coming weeks and months, but for now, go have yourself a fabulous weekend. I think I'll get a little crazy and break out the cocktail shaker.

25 comments:

  1. This week has felt soooooo long - TGIF!

    Congratulations on your new teaching role - fantastic news and well deserved I'm sure. Go buy yourself that backpack (it rocks) and enjoy a cocktail or three to celebrate! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adooore the library print. I swear, that's my life. In a good way though hah
    And congrats! That's so exciting (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Kayla! This new school will be lucky to have you!

    -Lauren (Jenny's friend!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I love that library print! It would look great in my library (or my house, whichever!) And I'm definitely in need of a stripy backpack now I've seen that one...

    Congratulations on your new and fabulous job, Kayla! How wonderful to know well ahead of fall what you're going to be doing and where. And for it to be a permanent position? Even better. Start shaking up those cocktails for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the job, Kayla! That's such fantastic news. I know how hard it is to get a teaching job and to get one in a school you love, too. I'm sure that'll make your summer all that much better.

    Oh, and that dress in the last image is STUNNING.

    Have a great weekend, darling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. congratulations, darling! so happy to read the news, & they will be so lucky to have you!

    have a lovely weekend gorgeous! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy for you! That sounds like a great opportunity and you must be so thrilled. You practically NEED that striped backpack now - a back to school necessity! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the job! How exciting. And love that library print too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. KAYLA!!!! Congratulations! This is definitely news worthy of a Bellini, and I hope you'll have one this weekend!

    This has absolutely been the world's longest week, and I so needed a little cat-dolphin love to help get me through. Bless you!

    xoxo, Lena

    ReplyDelete
  10. first off, congratulations on the job!! that's so exciting and wonderful. it's always so fun to have a brand new classroom to decorate and set up and a new batch of kiddies to work with. it sort of makes me miss teaching kindergarten!

    also, that robot tea infuser is the cutest thing ever! correction, it's a close second to the cat & dolphin love!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats lovely! You totally deserve it. I am so happy for you.x.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i kept thinking it was friday on thursday, so the week felt extra long to me. love that flowy butterfly dress, and the robot tea infuser is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. congrats, lady!!! awesome news.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw, I'm so glad you loved the cat & dolphin video enough to share on your own blog (& thank you for the link love)! : )

    And a huge congratulations!! I'm so happy for you! I can't wait to read all about it when the time comes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on the new job!! And, oh, that kitty video is melting my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  16. congratulations darling!! your own classroom sounds totally magical. i cant imagine sending my (future) kids to a more perfect teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats, KBaby!!!! So proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well deserved Kayla, that's wonderful news!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. congratulations kayla!!!! that's amazing!!!

    cheers to new beginnings and exciting adventures!

    you bust out that cocktail shaker, girl ;]

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations on your new job, Kayla! We are very happy for you. You are the best sunny and radiant teacher.
    Kisses!
    Tiho's family

    ReplyDelete
  21. I LOVE that library print! So retro.
    Fun finds Kayla!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations on the new teaching position Kayla! New adventures yes! :)
    And thank you for sharing that video, it made me smile and nearly cry myself!
    Happy rest of the weekend!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love that teacup and dress! Found your blog through Twitter, love it, now following! Miss Walker xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh a somewhat belated CONGRATULATIONs on your new job - I do hope it is going well. Enjoy the spring!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts always bring a smile to my face. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave them.