03 May 2010

Pride


The school where I teach was just awarded the # 2 spot on the Forbes List of the 20 Best Prep Schools in America. (I sometimes still have trouble with the term "prep school," as I believe it conjures negative connotations, but it is what it is. A good education is a good education whether it emanates from a private, public, charter, or home school environment. Aside: I believe any of the aforementioned environments can deliver a top-notch education. But that is another post in itself).

Today, I am feeling proud to be a part of such a tradition of excellence:

(Fast facts from the article)...

Horace Mann School:

Location: New York, N.Y.

Founded: 1887

Ivy/MIT/Stanford pipeline: 36%

Student/Faculty ratio: 12:1

Faculty holding advanced degrees: 94%

Notable alumni: Jack Kerouac, William Carlos Williams, James Schlesinger

Go Horace Mann!

2 comments:

  1. Very cool, indeed. And that's a fantastic student/faculty ratio.

    PS. buy the nasturtiums. Do it, do it, DO IT! ;)

    I can't stop looking at them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! It's nice to see a little academia in the blog world, haha. Jack Kerouac? Amazing! I bet you're a wonderful teacher!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts always bring a smile to my face. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave them.