19 September 2011

Scenes From The Weekend

We were away this weekend. A half hour into the drive on Friday, I realized my camera was still sitting on my desk at home. Thank goodness for the iPhone: it actually ended up feeling nice traveling lighter than usual.

Our wedding venue search was the purpose for this mini trip.  I've spent the past month researching and narrowed it down to the three places we visited this weekend. Needless to say, we feel elated after seeing them in person. Now, decision time.

The two venues we're deciding between are both lovely and unique and afford us the opportunity to have a gorgeous garden ceremony followed by an indoor reception in somewhat of an "alternative" location. I know I probably sound vague, but I don't want to give anything away until we officially decide. Several of these photos offer a little peek.

With all of the craziness and sleep-depravity of the past couple of weeks, it felt completely restorative to get away for 48 hours and spend one-on-one time with T. At the end of the day, I know it doesn't even matter where and when and how this wedding occurs: I'm just happy to be marrying the love of my life.

Any tips for effective penny-pinching? We need to find a way to save the majority of our money without resorting to a pantry full of ramen noodles. Because, you know, we love our crab cakes and garlic shrimp (which we bought, prepared and devoured for dinner on Saturday night. Nothing better).

9 comments:

  1. eeeeeks! so exciting :) venue shopping makes the whole thing so *real*. we had our wedding on a sunday and that saved us a big chunk of money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to hear more about the place you choose. From the photos here, I can already tell it will be fabulous!

    Oh, and that dinner looks delicious...

    ReplyDelete
  3. a garden ceremony sounds beautiful! can't wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO excited to hear more about the venue! Love that blue, red and white turret thingy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I am totally smitten-it's going to be gorgeous, no matter where it is! As for budgeting, try automatically depositing money into your wedding savings, so you don't have to think so much about squirreling it away-it'll help, I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quality of iPhone photos never ceases to amaze me. And I think it's fantastic the wedding venue search has you out checking cute places in the area. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you did this! : ) I love that little carousel quote.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These places look incredible and I love the little 'sneak peaks' - can't wait to find out where you choose! Dinner looks delicious and I have a real hankering for crab right now.
    Inspired by you and Erin, I had a go at Scenes from my Weekend too this week - thanks for the inspiration.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts always bring a smile to my face. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave them.