02 September 2011

A Few Happy Things

1). All of the birthday comments, tweets, facebook messages, cards and calls I received yesterday. Whoa. If anything can make a girl feel loved on her birthday, it's social media. A huge & heartfelt thanks!

2). The most beautiful camera bag ever. My camera is my baby. I wish I could splurge and give it a snazzy place to rest its head.

3). This red wool cape. Red is my power color and I want to conquer the upcoming fall & winter like a superhero. Except, you know, a stylish one.

4). A love letter to NYC in the form of a poster. Because my city is amazing and there are primary colors involved. Sold.

5). A yellow butterfly. I don't think I could ever buy a preserved butterfly because I'd feel too sorry for it stuck between two slabs of glass. I'm including it here to admire guilt-free, and instead, imagining it alive and fluttering through a garden.

6). The lakeside wedding we're attending this weekend in upstate New York. One last little hoorah before I kiss summer goodbye for good.


Have a superb weekend, my darling friends. Before you go, I'd love to hear some of your own happiness-inducing things.

5 comments:

  1. I love all these things. Especially that red cape. And the camera bag. And the lovely butterfly, but even more so the butterflies outside. And you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty, pretty cape coat! I just bought most all my fall/winter staple items on clearance--including a gorgeous gray wool coat. That makes me preeetty happy. So does the cooler weather we're getting here in the Midwest this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could have sworn I wrote a comment here! I need to stop looking at posts, planning on commenting, and then bookmarking before I comment!

    Looove that adorable coat and what you wrote about that beautiful butterfly. Some of my happiness-inducing things, hm.. Bon Iver's music video that Mary posted on For A Life Inspired made me pretty happy as did your recent comment! : )

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts always bring a smile to my face. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave them.