01 August 2011

Scenes From the Farm



Unless you wanted to see pictures of me in sweats and no makeup doing things like eating, sleeping, grocery shopping and researching wedding venues, I have nothing to show you from this weekend.  It was exactly the sort of slow weekend that's necessary every so often and I am grateful to have indulged it.

Instead, I thought I'd share some photos from a day trip to Stone Barns Farm in Pocantico Hills, NY  last week. Brandi and I met up for the first time for a little rendezvous (y'all know Brandi, right? She's a doll). Stone Barns Center for Food & Agriculture is a non-profit, four-season farm and educational center spanning eighty acres. I've been itching to visit for a while and am so glad that we decided to spend a sunny summer afternoon there.

Tiho and I will probably visit again soon because all I did when I returned home was rave about the delicious food and idyllic scenery. It was amazing to be surrounded on all sides by honest-to-goodness nature.













14 comments:

  1. Oh, how I want to go spend a weekend at a farm now! These are just dreamy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to get there soon...I've heard amazing things! I'm sure you're having a blast wedding planning...oh so fun! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know Kayla they ALSO do weddings there! My friend got married there and it was absolutely storybook beautiful. just sayin'...

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's something about green plants and golden flowers against a blue sky that just looks so wholesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this looks like such a rejuvenating place! I'd love to visit someday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you got a chance to laze around and relax-sometimes I think we get so worried about not doing enough during our weekends that they can be as stressful as the weeks themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! It looks fantastic. Love farms!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. When you mentioned this day to me in a comment, I was so hoping you'd share some photos and now you have! It sounds like a place I'd love to spend all day, every day in, ha! And how wonderful that you got to experience it with Brandi!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks and sounds just lovely. And like the perfect spot to go with Brandi! How I wish I could have joined you girls...

    Coincidentally, another blog I read- Sweetfineday- was all about Stone Barns today, too! I really want to go now. Your pictures and Jenna's make it so appealing! I'd love to see it in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  10. this place is seriously stunning. and the sheep!!! though honestly, i think id love a couple shots of you in your sweats scouting out wedding venues :) such exciting times!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun outing with Brandi! The animals are way too cute :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. aw i love stone barns! definitely one of my favorite getaways from the city. i recommend going again in the fall!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kayla, your photos are gorgeous! You captured our day so well. I honestly can't wait to go back again -- maybe this time on a weekend so I can go on a tour and ask lots of questions.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, this makes me want to be outside. How lovely! I have a friend who was married here and it sounded just magical!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts always bring a smile to my face. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave them.