25 July 2011

Scenes From The Weekend









Due to traveling, I haven't drafted my 'weekend scenes' in a few weeks and admittedly, I kind of missed doing so. Not much excitement around these parts since being home, though. The heat index climbed passed 100 degrees, thus rendering everyone completely useless. In order to combat the inevitable sweat monster, we've been hiding out next to the air conditioner.

We did manage to venture out of the house for dinner and wine with friends and then lunch with another. Otherwise, the only place that coaxed us from the comfort of our living room was the weekly farmer's market. I also had fun expanding our art wall (see how it looked before), arranging several colorful bouquets and eating countless pieces of toast with peach jam--the usual stuff that composes a laid-back summer weekend.

I have another couple of Paris posts to share before moving on to Prague. Next week, I'll dive into Bulgaria, which is making me all hot and bothered because Bulgaria rocks.

How was your weekend? Hope your Monday is off to a delicious start!

9 comments:

  1. We had to drive to NJ to pick up my grandfather's furniture (to be recovered-so excited), but other than that the heat kept us in as well. Your art wall looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing all the little snippets of the weekend. Im out in the NW and we finally had some sunshine this weekend and it was pure magic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kayla, please give some of it back! That heat.. it completely left Europe and took all of itself to the US!

    I loove your art collage wall! And I'm so excited for more of your travel posts! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous weekend, even if most of it was spent laying near the AC. I can't wait for more vacation updates!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm--peach jam. I love apricot and blackberry. Sometimes I eat biscuits just because I'm craving jam.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the framed art on your walls, lady! And those flowers, so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The art wall is looking gooooood, my friend. Also, I need to try me some of that Pear Peach jam!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your gallery wall looks great! And oh! fresh jam! Glad you had a lovely weekend. Admittedly I've missed seeing your scenes from the weekend, too : )

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts always bring a smile to my face. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave them.