08 May 2011

For Mama



I hope to be a mama someday soon. Not tomorrow, and maybe not even for another few years, but I know with everything in my heart that motherhood will be be my greatest role and most blessed gift.

Today, I am celebrating my grandmothers for their immense capacity to love, the mother of my sweetheart for raising such a wonderful man, and most of all, my own extraordinary mother: I would not be where I am today if it weren't for you, mama. Thank you for nurturing my sensitive spirit and enabling me to fly. I love you.

Happy Mother's Day.


(Image: "Mother & Child" by Gustav Klimt)

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for commenting and making my day, Kayla! :)

    This is such a beautiful post.. what you've written along with the painting. I feel the same way about being a mother, but much longer than soon, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you dear Kayla!
    Zdravka

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew this was a Klimt before I even scrolled down! Lovely art, lovely thoughts...

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts always bring a smile to my face. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave them.