29 October 2010

Weekend Blinks + Tricks & Treats

Let's talk Halloween, but first, a few weekend blinks (blog links):

Hello dream shoe closet! (and cute apartment) spotted on Apartment Therapy

Stripes + industrial + a touch of country = a good room, via Remodelista

I can't decide which is more appealing: the simple breakfast or the colorful burst of a tray, spotted on Ardor

I always wonder about the interior of a home based on its exterior. I loved this post by The Drifter & the Gypsy

I think this is one of the prettiest, most natural shots of Miss Monroe as seen on Bippity Boppity Boo

This whole image just really works for me, via Oh Joy

 Mom, this one's for you. Spotted on Milk

Yet another collection of pretty fashion illustrations via Ada & Darcy

A nifty chalkboard ring via Blue Moss

Uh, whoaaa! If I had this tub caddy, I'd be spending a heck of a lot more time in bubbles & bath salts. (Seen on Design Crush)

Yikes. I fear I'll never pass this test. (via Say Yes to Hoboken)

But hey! No forks necessary for devouring pizza, so it's all good. This amazing one courtesy of Katy Elliot

 Dying over this genius "trace your baby's hands for jack-o-lantern eyes" idea spotted on Young House Love

Okay. It's Halloween weekend. We have some invites to a few gatherings in the city, but in all honesty, I'm feeling like I would rather stay home, carve a pumpkin and settle in to watch a bunch of classic horror flicks. I haven't had the time to think of/make a proper costume and when I suggested to Tiho that we just head to the dollar store and pick up some cheap, ready-to-wear "duo costumes" (think ketchup and mustard) he gave me one of those "I can't believe you just suggested that" looks. What? I think I'd look cute in a condiment hat.

Anyway, I hope you have a deliciously scary weekend. If you're celebrating, what's going down? I hope at least a little bit of mischief! I'll catch you back here next week, so long as I don't fall headfirst into the candy bowl first.

9 comments:

  1. OK, so I love that tray!

    Enjoy you halloween weekend, lovely, parties or no parties! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would like to live in that bathtub! If only I could figure out how to keep the water warm for more than 15 minutes.

    We will be surviving the Halloween crazy times that happen every year (this is Salem MA after all), and doing the neighborhood cocktail party/trick or treat time. We all get together outside and have appetizers and drinks while we hand out candy to the kiddies. So much more fun to be able to chat in between trick or treaters and we don't have to hear the doorbell ring every 10 seconds!

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best blinks ever! Rainbow shoes, that gorgeous kitchen, that charming/terrifying dog, that TUB CADDY-I'm in heaven!

    As for Halloween, I think we'll be snuggling at home, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you and Tiho would make a lovely condiment couple. Tell him the idea has my vote!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that home exterior! Absolutely fantastic. Wishing you the loveliest weekend - Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will: I KNEW you would like the tray. We have such similar taste...all color, all the time ;)

    Em: Your Halloween sounds exactly like what I want my Halloween to be! Have fun.

    Lena: Isn't the dog hilarious? The things people put their pets through, oh my...

    Elizabeth: It looks like we're succumbing to "boring old couple" and staying in, so no condiments this year. I think he'll come around next year though...we can all get a little crazy together then :)

    Jane: Sometimes I walk around my neighborhood and creepily take photos of pretty houses. I love imagining what goes on inside!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that bath caddy made my jaw drop!! AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that those shoes are organized by color!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent blogs. I really appreciates with your article. thanks for sharing useful tips with a wonderful, nice and simple photos.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts always bring a smile to my face. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave them.