12 December 2011

Scenes From The Weekend










This weekend was simple and indulgent: I never changed out of pajamas on Sunday and loved every second of it. On Saturday, we woke up early to drive upstate to visit with my Nana for the day. She was chatty and chipper, which reminded me how special grandparents are, and how lucky I am to have them. We returned late and managed to squeeze in a few errands along the way, so we could enjoy Sunday free from any sort of chores or obligation. I scored big at Michael's (sparkly everything--and cinnamon pinecones!--mostly for projects with the kiddos this week). Sunday was characterized by ginger snaps and holiday gift shopping from the comfort of my bed. The house is so warm and Christmas-y right now. December, you pretty thing, you.

Below, a handful of instagram snaps--keeping warm whilst en route to Nana's; cozy twinkly lights in the bedroom; Sunday morning coffee in bed; and classic New York Holiday spirit (aka, Macy's facade).

Also, a few things worth exploring:

1). This uplifting TED talk on gratitude & happiness by Louie Schwartzberg.
2). This adorable promo video for Epouse Moi Cocotte, a french event styling company.
3). These quotes by Paulo Coelho, because they're true:
       "I urge you to express joy when you are happy, so other people may understand that happiness is   possible."
       "I will spend this day with love in my heart, compassion in my mind, and faith in my soul."

Hope your week is off to a delightful start.

6 comments:

  1. Those pajama Sundays are the best! Sounds like a lovely weekend. The photos are great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your work re: the abundance of fairy lights!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, also spent all day Sunday in my jammies.

    Second, no taco photos?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got out of my jammies on Sunday, but I never really left the house (except to move my car so as to avoid getting a ticket). It felt good to not have to go anywhere. It would have only been better if I had a fireplace in my apartment. Your weekend looks like it was so cozy. And where was that "Believe" photo taken? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've got a great christmas vibe going on in these scenes - making me feel all warm and fuzzy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. we just watched this awesome ted talk on being wrong. it was so unexpectedly brilliant...i think you'd love it. http://www.ted.com/talks/kathryn_schulz_on_being_wrong.html

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts always bring a smile to my face. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave them.