03 October 2011

Scenes From The Weekend

Four days. That's how long we've been married and I still can't quite believe it. So much to share, but I'm going to wait for the photos. Our photographer shot a significant portion on film, which I'm psyched to see.


Ours was a long weekend, due to our Thursday nuptial festivities. We slept in on Friday and took ourselves out to brunch at our favorite local cafe, where we stuffed ourselves silly with savory crepes, cappuccino, pain au chocolat, and freshly-squeezed orange juice. The afternoon found us at the cinema for a midday movie date followed by an impromptu stop at a nearby farm store and tiny petting zoo.  Dinner was a truly gluttonous occasion: we utilized a gift certificate to a snazzy Mediterranean restaurant in town and walked home with our jeans unbuttoned.



My sister officially moved into her own apartment on Saturday, so Tiho drove a carload full of boxes into Manhattan and helped her haul them up four flights of stairs. A good man I married. I baked and lounged around for the majority of the day before we headed to a spectacular evening wedding of two friends. We ate and drank until we felt sick, then danced the night away when we weren't hamming it up in the photo booth (which is kind of the best thing ever).







Sunday came, and with it; chores, work, football, groceries. A walk to the bookstore and a pause for caramel apple cider in the park.

It is October. Things should slow down to a more manageable pace now. I feel like I can breathe again.

8 comments:

  1. I *love* October...I want this blissful month to last as long as possible! Sounds like you are savoring every moment. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those photo booth pictures!!! They are so cute. Funny enough I posted a fun photo booth pic on my blog this morning. Congrats again on your marriage. It's awesome huh?

    - Sarah
    http://agirlintransit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, so those photo booth photos are so funny! Your blog really is such a happy space: it shines through in a really genuine way, not only in photos but also in your words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, what a delightful weekend you had. Those photobooth photos are great.x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 4-Day Anniversary!

    I'm starting to get into the swing of things now October's here too...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! I'm so happy for you two. Everything sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the wedding, Kayla! I'm so sorry I missed everything last week, but I'm so thrilled I'll get to see you on Friday so we can celebrate in person. I hope every future day of your marriage is as magical as these first four!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blog is such a happy place! I always look forward to reading...Congrats on 4 days of marriage!!! We're getting married in 6 months, and despite all the (hectic but) exciting planning, I really just can't wait until I get to be his wife.

    Ari-
    http://atoasttobeing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts always bring a smile to my face. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave them.