17 August 2011

Home Inspiration: Black, White & Bronze

I love the little home we've created but am feeling the itch to jazz it up as the season changes. I didn't even realize the direction I was headed until I grouped all of the inspiration together like this. Pretty clear vision, huh? It's a tad fancier and more modern than what I usually gravitate towards (Tiho affectionately calls me "grandma chic").

The brass standing lamp very well may be my next splurge. I can't stop thinking about how beautiful it would look next to my couch. And that adorably posh chevron pillow? Only $10, my friends.

Each of the items included here are pieces I've had my eye on for awhile and would seriously consider purchasing. Now all I need is a second job to pay for them all...

"Oh What a Beautiful Day" cross-stitch wall hanging, $29;
Zigzag striped pillow cover, $10.95;
Brass floor lamp, $119;
"Paris Graffiti Kiss" fine art print, $25;
Brass sun, star, moon & universe trivets, $81;
Gold peace sign plate, $21
"A la belle etoile" (under a beautiful star) poster, $49

15 comments:

  1. i'm am absolutely going to buy the peace sign plate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Caroline, me too. I can't stop thinking about it and have subsequently determined I absolutely cannot live without it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that pillow, it's the first thing I drifted to! And at that price a few of them might find themselves on my sofa very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving this! My style is totally grandma chic, too, but I recently surpassed myself by discovering my love for black, white and gold, too! It keeps everything on the same field and makes the other colors just pop! I'm digging the little bits you pulled together...I could easily be swayed toward that lamp, too... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this color palette :) so chic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love bronze and love adding accents to fit the season - any excuse to make new purchases!

    Thank you for your kind comment on my post too.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adore the brass floor lamp from UO. So good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, I love this whole look you are channeling here. I get excited just thinking about decorating and making updates around the house (a change of seasons definitely brings it out all the more).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm in HEAVEN-how darling, and not so grandma chic at all! That chevron pillow might have a place in our house, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have such exquisite taste. I love this color combo and I think your home would look awesome with some of these touches. That poster I adore. I might need that for my future apartment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. that black and white pillow is so chic! haha and i love tiho's description of your style :) kenny always comes up with the funniest names for my quirks, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw, thanks so much! I love this palette. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Grandma? That's one styyylish grandma! I prefer classic chic or glamour. Something more along those lines.

    It looked to me like you had a very clear image before putting it together so, to hear that you just put them together and then saw how well everything fit together, I think you'll have a very stylish home indeed (if you don't already). Yeah, money *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha I love that Tiho calls it grandma chic, too cute! ; ) Look at you, miss round-up! I love all the gold, I feel more fancy after looking at it.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts always bring a smile to my face. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave them.