30 August 2011

For the Walls: Colors, Baby

I wish I had extra cash on hand to splurge on some new art, but since we're on a strict budget now that we have a wedding to plan and student loan bills in the mailbox, I'm going to have to settle for this virtual 'gallery tour' highlighting a few pieces that made me wish I was rolling in the Benjamins'...

 "Spinning" original painting by Emogene Schilling, $80

 "Warm in Winter" fine art print by Silso, $25

"Perfect Spring Day" original painting by Linda Monfort, $200

11 comments:

  1. I always love the colourful artwork you put up on your blog. It makes me feel so cheerful! I'm looking forward to lots of awesome kindergarten artwork gracing the walls of my classroom and library this fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. who knows, maybe you'll get some wedding gift surprises in the mail :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow--those are pretty! I like the painting style as well as the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you know all this colour makes me happy. Just been catching up with your blog now I am back from Italy and pleased to read that you are safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect spring day is actually PERFECT. I love Kimia's suggestion about wedding gifts-eep!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing new artists work. These are full of life!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These bursts of color would put a smile on my face every day if they were hanging on my wall!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omgsh thanks for sharing these!! I haven't found too many oil painters on etsy. These are beautifullll.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am beginning to see now why you said you love colour! I think that the children we teach inspire that love sometimes.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woot! Abstract art! Thanks for posting my painting along with these other lovely pieces.

    All best,
    Emogene

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts always bring a smile to my face. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave them.