19 July 2011

Montmartre

We first arrived to Paris around 3:30 PM and were exhausted due to an overnight flight, the time difference, and some minor transportation snafus. So, we opted to remain "local" around our flat in Montmartre for the remainder of the afternoon and evening. We ate in a quintessential Parisian cafe, roamed the hilly cobblestone streets, and felt elated that we were actually in Paris. Following, a glimpse at what we saw and experienced.



 First cup of french coffee. Life will never be the same.





 First bite of french baguette. So good my taste buds cried.





And, of course, Sacre-Coeur; how massive and majestic! It sits on the top of the Montmartre hill overlooking the entire city. It was only 10-minute walk from our apartment, which was awesome and kind of mind-blowing.




Looking back through these photos of our first few hours in Paris sends my pulse into a frenzy. Choosing an apartment in the artful, dynamic Montmartre was the best decision we could have made. My heart is still there and probably will be for a long time.

18 comments:

  1. It looks like the place you stayed at must have been right around the corner or so from where I stayed! Your pictures are amazing! I so wish it had been sunnier when I went! And yes, that first French baguette.. mmm! They're not exaggerating, ha! I can't wait to go back! Oh, and I love that first photo with the cute table/chair setting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful shots...and seriously, isn't french coffee the BEST?! You did the best possible thing...just wandering around...love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My French friend from college used to bring from home homemade baguettes by the dozen. We all wondered what can be so special about bread until we tried some and got hooked for life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eva, where did you stay? Our place was on Rue du Ruisseau, a few blocks northeast of central Montmartre.

    Susan & Maya, if I could only drink french coffee and only eat warm baguettes with french butter for the rest of my life, I'd be a happy gal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sigh. This takes me right back to my trip there in Jan. Man, I love Paris!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply perfect! I think the best way to really enjoy a city is to "live" there for a few days, and it seems you two lived well!

    xoxox, Lena

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Welcome back! Great, clear shots here.. love the snippets and glimpses of the town. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colors and the historical architecture.

    - Sarah
    http://agirlintransit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. your pictures are just magical! i cant wait to back there one day!

    p.s. loving your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'm drooling over these photos right now. so beautiful oooh how i love paris in the summer its incredible and romantic ahh i love these so much! your red lip is darling as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not too bad for being stuck in an area and tired. Is it seriously that gorgeous there? Did you edit out the not-so-pretty photos? It just seems like such a dream. (So glad you're sharing it. I wanna see more!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. All those neighborhood buildings are stunning. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I originally came here because I liked the name of your blog. And then you went and said the word snafu and my girl crush grew
    AND THEN I kept reading your blog and haven't been able to stop.
    I think I'll have to stick around

    ps congrats on your engagement - what a sweet story!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on your engagement! That is so exciting and oh my god what a story, I absolutely LOVE IT.

    Love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  15. you stayed on montmarte!?!? only my FAVORITE part of paris. also your blue striped shirt is adorable. these pictures make me despise india.

    ReplyDelete
  16. these photos are so great...especially the one of your big smile radiating joy and beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so much fun to see! I love your photos and they make me so excited to go to Montmartre one day!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts always bring a smile to my face. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave them.