28 July 2011

Good Americans When They Die, Go To Paris














Last night, I chuckled to myself as I read back through all of these Paris posts. I sound completely awestruck; full of wide-eyed wonder and adoration.

I never thought I'd be the one to--pardon my french--lose my shit over a city that tends to be excruciatingly idolized, but as these things go, Paris blew me away. Even Tiho felt its magnetism, and that's saying something, as he's a typical European who snickers at Americans who over-utilize adjectives. (guilty as charged!)

I don't know how to adequately do this city justice. Paris is unlike any place I've ever visited, and I have a strong hunch it will sustain that title for a long time.

Oliver Wendell Holmes once said, "Good Americans when they die, go to Paris." I know I'm going to be extra good in this life so I become one of those lucky souls in my next.

***

In unrelated but equally as monumental news: Happiest birthday wishes to my stellar little sis, Emma. Twenty-two today, hoorah!

10 comments:

  1. When you love something, you just do. It seeps into everything.

    And we can tell you mean it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only hope I've earned my trip to Paris! I don't think there's any shame in being absolutely mesmerized by such a stunning city-after all, you're not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot handle all this french awesome-ness. I've been begging my husband to take me there as soon as possible but he hates international travel with a serious passion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That window in the second photo - so cute! And your hair is so beautiful! I feel the same way about Paris, you know. I always wondered what all the fuss was about, but when my friend asked if I wanted to go to Paris I thought sure, why not? Thinking it'd be a letdown ... boy, was I wrong!

    And happy birthday to your sister who is just one day younger than me, small world! : ) Not to mention, Emma... Eva... crazy, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah yes..you've caught the bug ;)

    The magic of Paris is so hard to put into words, but you did it beautifully! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. THAT is something to look forward to :) I'll be reaaaallll good..

    Happy birthday to your sis! I wish her an awesome "good American" birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh by the way, thanks for your comment on my new/old blog. I was clicking on some things and went delete-happy. Still figuring out my voice, I guess.. I SO appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts always bring a smile to my face. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave them.