10 June 2011

I Survived (+ a Few Weekend Blinks)

Happy Weekend. But first, a few blinks (blog links) that made me smile:


Completely bewitched by the photos of Katarina of Grain & Silk, discovered on Elephantine

I enjoyed this Smithsonian article detailing how celebrated author E.B. White came to write Charlotte's Web through his love for nature and animals.


 This light-filled apartment is so dreamy &  magnificent. (spotted on Bloesem)

A favorite quotation and a beautiful photo. (By Ez Pudewa)

Whew. What a week. Thank you so much for all of your kind comments over the past few days. I wasn't on the computer much, but I read them all and felt the outpouring of love from you.  I think I cried more this week than I have in an entire year. I wish you could have witnessed the scene at the end of the day yesterday: big, unstoppable tears from the teachers, students and parents. It would have been comical if it wasn't so difficult. 

Letting them go is always the hardest part. I can't describe it exactly, but for me, my students become so much a part of my life that the abrupt ending after a year together feels like I've been hit by a ton of bricks. Or maybe a bus. I will be fine, of course. But I'll never forget them, especially not this group.

Tomorrow, we are attending the wedding of one of Tiho's co-workers. Aside from that, I'm going to sleep and catalog a ton of photos from the school year. So, I'll probably cry again and then sleep some more. Good thing wine will be accompanying it all.

See you Monday.

11 comments:

  1. Love that first photograph and that apartment! It's good you had such a good experience with your class. I'm sure they'll never forget you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the wedding tomorrow, hun! I am hoping to hit up the flea market. Tonight we're off to see live stand up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the little tiny yellow stars =)

    Have a lovely weekend!

    - Sarah
    http://agirlintransit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh sending you lots of hugs! goodbyes are so hard. i hope you have an amazing weekend where you can do some recovery from such an emotional week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Curl up and let go-you'll feel better if you really let yourself be sad, and you'll feel happy again sooner. All my love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing that E.B. White article!
    Also loved that photo from Ez!

    I hope you're having a good weekend, under the circumstances, Kayla! I never knew how teachers could do it year after year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Mary Oliver! They always read her at the end of class at Yoga to the People. Have you ever been?

    I just stumbled on your blog through other blogs I love. And I am never leaving! hahaha

    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will definitely have to read that E.B. White article... hope the wedding this weekend was a lovely one and that you are catching up on your sleep! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That quote sure makes you think, doesn't it? Love it!!

    Happy Weekend Dear! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Caroline, you are too sweet! Thank you so much for visiting.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts always bring a smile to my face. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave them.