11 May 2011

This Time of Year

**Most of the comments on this post were lost during blogger's outage and I'm not sure if they'll be recovered. If you feel inclined to re-leave your thoughts, by all means, be my guest! xo.


This is the time of the year when air-dried, semi-wild hair and sunglasses become commonplace. When windows are flung open and I can't help but smile sheepishly at strangers. When I can think of nothing lovelier than a Sunday afternoon spent riding a bicycle into town to fill a basket with flowers wrapped in brown crinkle paper.

This is the time of the year when I am happiest. When any sense of obligation melts into pure, unadulterated spontaneity.

This is the time of year when everything, somehow, feels exactly as it should.

(collage created by me. sources/shopping guide: vintage florals, gold coin necklace, striped jute slip on, city bicycle, straw fedora, yellow satchel)

13 comments:

  1. this is so beautifully written and perfectly expresses this time of year. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only thing that would make me happier than spring is not being stuck in school all spring long. Love this collection Kayla. I need a bicycle and hat like that. We're so going to have some farmer's markets adventures when I get to NYC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully written. I love days like that, too. I also LOVE that yellow satchel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this time of the year (!)

    and loving that fedora,
    would wear it everyday

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is the most wonderful time of the year, isn't it? Alas, our weather has still not begun to fully cooperate and we've had way too much rain and nowhere near enough sunshine. I figure that's gonna change any day now. Am counting on it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ditto! Love the way you wrote this post.. and the arrangement you put together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I'm swooning! This is so perfectly sweet-bring on summer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How beautiful. Well we're going into winter here in Australia but I'm lucky we can at least indulge in Spring/Summer again through the flowers we are importing :-)

    Thanks for you sweet comments today, now I have found your gorgeous blog! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. you had me at pure unadulterated spontaneity! :) i love the carefree nature of this time of year, and this post. lovely indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you're embracing every magnificent moment of happiness this season!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooOooh, love! I have that EM necklace, wearing it now (well...I wear it allll the time actually)

    ReplyDelete
  12. everything does seem way more cheerful in the spring :-) love all of these picks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your writing, beautiful! I'm day dreaming of bike rides and picnics and fresh flowers these days too.. what a great time of year yes!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts always bring a smile to my face. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave them.