04 April 2011

Scenes From The Weekend

(morning coffee in a jar and a flower that fell from the vase)

(Sunday snack and a growing reading list)

 (a raspberry macaron the size of my fist)

 (blustery mornings in bed)

 (when I'm not devouring desserts, I eat salad)

(tea light + bluebird to offset storm clouds)

 (a full fruit bowl is a happy fruit bowl)

(yellow mailbox behind the library)

(still my favorite) 

You probably thought I was done waxing poetic over strawberries. Sorry, not going to happen anytime soon. This weekend was a lot about food, a little about work and mostly about feeling good. It included Chinese take-out, a morning at the market for groceries and flowers, a picnic in the park, cupcakes and other bakery treats after every meal, chilly nights spent savoring glasses of Pinot Noir, a rendezvous to the library, movie-watching, a hand-in-hand Sunday morning stroll, tennis matches on the television, and quality time reading, thinking and writing on the couch.

I spent much of Friday organizing the calendar for the next four-six weeks. I have a lot to accomplish, and while I know it's going to be taxing, it feels nice to break it down piece by piece and have an action plan to guide me. This year, Spring time is accompanied by significant changes and decisions (the end of graduate school, securing a new teaching position for the fall, etc.). I'm looking forward to growing and learning with both the rolling tides of the season and life itself. 

P.S. A nod to Spring from Rainer Maria Rilke (thanks to my sis for reminding me of this one!): "Spring has returned. The earth is like a child that knows poems."

 

20 comments:

  1. Love the yellow mailbox! And drinks in jars are my favourite... {I especially like lavender lemonade in a mason jar!}

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a colorful weekend! : ) Are strawberries your favorite food? I had quite a few delicious strawberries this weekend, too. And it felt like summer! Everywhere I went people were wearing shorts and dresses. Now it's cold and rainy... yup, definitely springtime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. all looks delicious. ya know, i've never had a macaron.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm such a sucker for mason jars. I'm also liking the yellow mailbox! What a great weekend. Thanks for sharing all the pictures =)

    - Sarah
    http://agirlintransit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm slightly obsessed with that mug in your first photograph. also i need that macaroon in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that looks like one great weekend!!

    Happy Monday Darling! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like an absolutely magnificent weekend-so glad you enjoyed yourself and took good care of your spirit (because let's be honest, we all need it)!

    xoxox, Lena

    ReplyDelete
  8. For those who asked, the mugs are from pottery barn (current stock!). They sell for $4 each.

    ReplyDelete
  9. we gave out those mason jar mugs for our wedding favors :-) love them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. your weekend was so colorful! :) i love that. i hope your week is bright and cheery too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hooray for an action plan! Excited to hear about your coming months : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning coffee in a jar?! I ADORE this idea! I just may reblog it, if you don't mind!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, My Darling: I don't mind! Flattered, actually :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really! Thanks - I love that mug! Salad and fruit look so yummy also. I can feel the chill up there - need to visit us in Texas - it was in the upper 80's all weekend - the kids were outside playing water sports. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You should rename the blog "exquisite strawberry" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mary--so jealous. I just may hop a plane and take the little guys off your hands for the afternoon. I spoil with ice cream ;)

    Maya--ha, touche!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A huge macaroon- wow!
    I also love strawberries! So sad there not in season anymore.

    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  18. Strawberries are so ripe and in season right now -- I can't blame you for being a tad obsessed about them (I am too). And I love that you have your coffee in a mason jar with handle! I also have to admit, I'm completely addicted to toast. It's the jam I buy: one jar of nectarine, one jar of fig. Somehow they really add to my weekly happy moments.

    ReplyDelete
  19. what lovely shots!

    your life is so bright and cheery and colorful :]

    i especially love that bright yellow mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey, we both posted photos of macarons in this edition of our weekend scenes! {I think that means we're kindred spirits, don't you?}

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts always bring a smile to my face. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave them.