24 January 2011

Scenes From The Weekend

 (my view, 90% of the weekend)

I almost nixed this post this week. In all honesty, I spent the majority of the past three days curled up on the couch with a variety of rotating liquids on the coffee table and the remote control not far from reach. But, I've grown fond of capturing the weekend in photos and even if this one was spent recovering, it still happened, and is worth documenting into memory. A small glimpse:

 ($2 mini grocery store plant. There are currently three different colors brightening up the house)

 (drinking juice out of a wine glass does wonders to fancify the mundane)

 (A photograph of a statue of romeo & juliet in central park tacked up in my living room...because that's how Tiho makes me feel, especially after a weekend of doting)

(I polished off the remainder of this carton. I'll never tire of clementines in the winter)

Thank you to everyone who expressed concern and voiced well-wishes at the end of last week. I'm still feeling a little woozy and am wary of most food, but I'm definitely better. I really love my job, save for the one unfortunate element; getting sick roughly every 2-3 months. It comes with the territory of having a classroom of three and four-year-olds pile on your lap every day. This most recent illness happened to be quite a doozy, but I'm just glad it's done and over with. Onwards!

How was your weekend?


6 comments:

  1. glad you're feeling a bit better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're feeling more like yourself-I spent the weekend in just about the same state, and frankly, thank goodness! I don't know how I would have managed today with a little lazy Saturday and Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you are feeling better Kayla! Thank you for your blog love today!!

    p.s.--I love drinking regular liquids in fancy glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't help but relate.. a few months ago I got the sickest I've been in so long, from one of my little nephews' parties. glad you made it through! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks, ladies. It feels good to be up and at 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  6. for a recovery weekend, those pics still look pretty beautiful!! so happy your back on your feet. i'm just starting to get a cough and am drinking ridiculous amounts of tea trying to ward it off. onwards it is :)

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts always bring a smile to my face. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave them.