21 January 2011

Better Late Than Never Blinks

A few happy blinks (blog links) to kick off your weekend:

This snapshot of a Parisian garden makes me long for Spring (by Miss Moss)

 I once went through a phase where I tied a ribbon bow around my ponytail every day. I think I'm revisiting that phase now. (spotted on La Petite Choue)

 So true. I love this quote and the pretty illustration. (via Automatism)


I wish I could afford these curtains. They would match my house perfectly. (spotted on Design is Mine)

 I've been searching high & low for the perfect slouchy winter hat and I think I may have found a winner. (via Lake Jane)

I want to get lost in this "coming up roses" inspiration board compiled by Kathryn of Snippet & Ink

...and in this wedding. Wow. (also via Snippet & Ink)

 On the shopping list for next winter: a colorful striped blanket (image spotted on Kelly McCaleb)

 This house tour. So lovely.

How beautiful are these fabric floral blooms by Petal & Print? A cost effective way to incorporate "forever flowers" in your wedding! Discovered on Elephantine

Those of you who follow me on Twitter might know that I am suffering from a awful stomach virus right now. I won't go into too many gory details, but let's just say that since arriving home at 5:30pm yesterday, my face and the toilet bowl have become best friends. Not so fun. After a night I wouldn't wish on anyone, I finally fell asleep this morning for a few hours. Now, I am tentatively sipping Gatorade and chewing ice chips; No throw-up bowl needed anymore...I'm hoping.

I started compiling this week's blinks a couple of days ago, so I figured I'd publish it (maybe this indicates an unhealthy obsession with this space?).

I hope you all have a beautiful weekend. I don't think I'll be moving too far from my couch, but hey, all the more reason to catch up on blog reading and empty the queue of my DVR. Hugs!

8 comments:

  1. Oh no, Kayla! That's awful. I had the exact same nasty, nasty stomach bug in late December, and Gatorade was the only thing I could keep down... Bright blue Gatorade. Gross! Anyway, hope you are feeling a lot better this weekend. Stay snug and cozy, and enjoy the blog reading, movie-watching and recuperating.

    PS: I love that hat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no -- so sorry to hear that you've been sick! I hope you get better as quickly as possible and have a relaxing weekend. a big hug to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH bummer, Kayla! I hope you're feeling better. Yes - blogs and couch time! Love your blinks, as usual : ) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. as always I love your blinks! that wedding is GORGEOUS and that fabric flower is amazing and might just need to make an appearance at our wedding! I hope you are feeling better!! :( stomach bugs are the ABSOLUTE worst, so I hope it passes quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks, everyone! I'm still woozy but feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. those curtains!!!! what stunning fabric. and i also went through the ribbon in the hair phase. oh man. we'd also use them as headbands kind of--and then tie a bow on the side :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kayla great images links and...

    to brighten your day....

    Come and join my Gorgeous Giveaway from Blydesign!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts always bring a smile to my face. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave them.