27 January 2011

A Few Thoughts


I woke up at 11:00 AM after turning my alarm off when I received the middle of the night call about today's snow day.

Yesterday was exceptionally long and tiring, so I feel extra grateful right now.

I cannot decide whether to stay in pajamas and do whatever I please or try and attack a bunch of items on my to-do list. 

Last night's walk home from the train in the heart of the snowstorm felt like a scene from a movie.

I am so happy for the steaming cup of coffee in front of me because up until this morning, I (oddly) lost my taste for it after last week's stomach bug.

I officially began working on my master's thesis this week. It is due in three months and I am simultaneously exhilarated and terrified by all of the creative energy about to infiltrate my life.

Have a wonderful day!

8 comments:

  1. I'm glad you have the day off...I am enjoying it too! I'm tackling my to do, but might go play in the snow later with mr. fleurishing & billy! Good luck with the start of your thesis! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote for staying in your pajamas a while longer. If yesterday was especially long and tiring, think of the snow day as your chance to relax and recuperate from it!

    Good luck with the thesis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, I like your thinking. Work now, play when Tiho gets home later (no snow day for him, boo).

    Erin, I'm going to compromise by working in my pajamas with the tv on in the background :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Horray for snow days! Today I decided to work from home, and the weather is so warm and gorgeous, it feels like it was meant to be! Hope you're having a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the Masters, I'm sure you'll be squirelling away in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you enjoyed your snow day, For some reason, even though I grew up in Canada - I have never had a snow day! Having a "free" day sounds so great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. best feeling in the world? hearing schools out because of a snow day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Emma, I think I appreciate them more now that I'm an adult...though I'm trying to channel my inner child in order to just enjoy them and not fill them with work.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts always bring a smile to my face. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave them.