14 January 2011

Do the Locomotion + Weekend Blinks

Yippeee, weekend shimmy! Who's wiggling? Anyone? If you're feeling a little shy, how about browsing some blinks (blog links) first:

The bold color contrast makes me smile. Plus, I love apricots. (via my pseudo brother, Will Taylor)

I've posted about my adoration for Fiona Douglas' beautiful textiles. Seeing her home on Design*Sponge was such a treat this week

 Love the simplicity of this music genre poster spotted on Happiness Is


 I am determined to figure out how to achieve this pretty ponytail/updo seen on Hip Hip Gin Gin

Did you catch the latest issue of Lonny? I keep coming back to this little vignette. Is it the chair?

 Emersonmade t-shirts. If I buy one of these, I will probably wear it every day. (via everywhere!)

 Julie Blackmon's photographs give me the chills. In a good way. (discovered on Bliss)

This room emits a supremely cheerful feeling. I dig it. (spotted on Decor8)

Now it's time to bust that move. I'm over here bobbing my head and shaking my hips because it's Fridaaay! What's on your agenda for the next few days? I have Monday off (thank you, Dr. King), and after the whirlwind holidays and last weekend's trip, I am eager for a quality chunk of time to simply...indulge. Maybe a movie, definitely some cake, and perhaps a pot of tea. (Mandarin Orange Spice? Lady Grey?). Catch you back here next week.

(I better not hear of any party poopers trying to sneak away without partaking in the Friday happy dance...yes, that means you!). 

xo.

10 comments:

  1. I really need to get me down to the cinema to see The King's Speech and Black Swan. Plus, a lazy morning in PJs is on the ol' weekend list, too!

    *dances the Happy Friday Dance*

    Thanks for the link love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally need that little marching band Emersonmade shirt!! As a former band nerd I think I really would wear it every day.
    We'll be heading out this weekend to enjoy the snow a bit, definitely need to see The King's Speech before the Globes, and of course geeking out over the Globes red carpet etc. Oh I do love a three day weekend!!
    P.S. Thanks for the blink love =) Let me know if you figure out that braid, I've had a couple pathetically failed attempts thus far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's Friday and I have an interview today-I'm dancing my butt off (inside for now, of course)!

    I am absolutely WILD for that classical poster-we might need to hang it above the piano in our practice room! And as for that darling braid, I too have tried and failed. Someone needs to figure it out so we can all look chic and casual!

    Have a fabulous weekend, darling!

    xo, Lena

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely round-up! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great blinks! have a stellar weekend, kayla!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will, we saw Black Swan last night and really loved it. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, love.

    Em, that braid is my newest conquest and those t-shirts are going to be my credit card's downfall. So cool that you were in the marching band :)

    Lena, I hope your interview went swimmingly! Keeping my fingers crossed for you all weekend long as a bit of extra good luck.

    Jane & Caroline, thank you and same to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those bookshelves just positively made me swoon. And I'm going to force my roommate (a hairstylist) to teach me how to do that braid thing in my hair. Happy weekend!! (Hopefully you have a three-day weekend too!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those photos give me good chills too. Hope you had a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. In love with those Emersonmade tee's. And that ballerina photograph is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never do anything fun with my long straight hair and one of my new year's resolutions was to figure out some simple and pretty hairstyles. I love that ponytail! Let me know if you figure out how to do it ;)

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts always bring a smile to my face. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave them.