09 September 2010

1260 Beats


Whenever an occasion arises that constitutes the buying of a card, I visit the beautiful stationery store, Papyrus. Papyrus's shop motto is characterized by the hummingbird and it aptly explains my fascination with and appreciation for this tiny, wondrous bird:  "Legends say that hummingbirds float free of time, carrying our hopes for love, joy and celebration. The hummingbird's delicate grace reminds us that life is rich, beauty is everywhere, every personal connection has meaning and that laughter is life's sweetest creation."

Did you know that a hummingbird's heart has the capability of beating at a rate of 1260 beats per minute? I like to think that the hummingbird's heart is always singing.

Shopping Guide: 


Hummingbird Soap;  
Hummingbird Line Drawing Coffee Mug;  
Pink Hummingbird Candle Accessory;
Mosaic Hummingbird Trivet;  
Fluttering Hummingbird Necklace;  
The Visitor-Original Acrylic on Canvas
Hummingbird Stemless Wine Glasses;  
Grey & White Hummingbird Pillow
Stained Glass Hummingbird;  
Sterling Silver Hummingbird Earrings

4 comments:

  1. I have never thought of the hummingbird in that way, but it's really lovely. The mug and the cushion are great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that pillow!!

    I love watching the hummingbirds when they are in our yard! They are fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth-I know, I've always loved them and now I'm fascinated by them

    Suzie-Do you have a bird feeder? I'd love to see more up close in my neighborhood

    ReplyDelete
  4. We do have one hanging in our apple tree! I need to re-fill it, though! :D

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts always bring a smile to my face. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave them.