16 February 2010

John Murphy



While happily perusing Brooklyn Flea this past weekend (one of New York City's best flea markets), I struck up a conversation with the charming and gracious John Murphy. Apparently, I take forever to discover totally awesome things, because his art has been gaining attention (and rave reviews!) for months now.

While his photographs are indeed beautiful, it's his colorful, hand-painted frames that I absolutely can't get enough of. Unfortunately for me (but amazing for him!), Mr. Murphy sold all of his frames by the time I happened upon his booth at the flea market. BUT, he did give me his business card and more importantly, a tip: For the next few weekends, he'll be holding mini sample sales specifically for his frames at Brooklyn Flea. Usually the frames retail for $55, but at the sample sales, they'll go for $25. Hopefully, I'll find some time to head over to Brooklyn again soon in order to snatch up at least one of the 1/2 price beauties for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts always bring a smile to my face. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave them.