05 November 2015

Dear Baby, Volume 3

Dear Baby,

I was whimpering in bed the other night because I couldn't get comfortable. You were moving around a lot and it felt like my insides were being pushed to their limits. I was really tired and feeling momentarily sorry for myself before realizing that we only have a few weeks left together with you nestled inside of me. While I dream about the moment I finally get to see your little face for the first time, I am going to be honest right now, and tell you how much I will miss having you in my belly. I have loved being pregnant more than I ever imagined. I know the experience is different for every woman, and I feel so lucky that this pregnancy--this special time carrying you--has been relatively easy. Sometimes it feels like it's taking forever and other times it feels like time is flying by at lightening speed. Even as I write this, I cannot believe that we've nearly reached the end! You are almost ready to come out and meet us. And then? Well, then, it's the beginning. Oh how I love beginnings.

I read the following passage recently: it made me cry. This is for you, my sweet child:

"We promise to love you with a transforming love, 

a love that accepts you as you are unconditionally. 


We promise to comfort you in your pain and vulnerability 

and to celebrate you in your joy and discovery. 


We promise to teach you what we believe it means to be strong and humane, 

and to seek peace in our family and in our world. 


We respect the person you are forever becoming 

and promise to learn from you all you have to teach us. 


We promise to play with you, to work side-by-side with you, 

to cry you with you and to laugh with you.


And, as we learn to parent and love you, we dedicate ourselves to learning, more fully, 

what it means to parent and to love ourselves and each other."


-Shea Darian, from Seven Times the Sun

//

Keep growing, baby. I can't wait to meet you and hold you and snuggle you and kiss you and comfort you and admire you and continue to love you to the ends of the universe and back again, because truth be told: I've loved you from the very start.

Always,
Mama

7 comments:

  1. Awww! Reading posts like this make me excited for when it's my turn one day! Best wishes on the next few weeks! =)

    Melanie | Toots + Dill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merely a fantastic and also useful submit. I must say i enjoyed that. Thank you regarding submitting the following with us. Retain changing a lot more.

      Delete
  2. I absolutely adore the passage you choose to share with your darling baby girl.
    You are going to be - you already are - an incredible mama. I'm so happy one of your dreams is being realized, and that you are having a girl. I know you'll continue your family's tradition, and raise a strong, confident, compassionate woman. The world is lucky to have Poole women!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking at a fantastic read this way create us ecstatic pertaining to whether it is our convert some day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. May possibly dearly loved carrying a child much more than As i ever in your life made up. Actually, i know the ability varies for lovely women, and even Personally i think as a result opportune the pregnancy--this extraordinary precious time keeping you--has become not hard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For those who love children in any case, it makes them able to receive and care.









    viva3355

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got this website from my pal who told me regarding this web site and now this time I am visiting this web page and reading very informative articles or reviews here. picbear

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts always bring a smile to my face. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave them.