16 October 2015

Mid-October, As It Stands



Making : Serious side-eye at Donald Trump.
Cooking : Dinner every night. Weekly meal-planning is a sanity-saver.
Drinking : Glass after glass of water. Always thirsty! Also, grape juice. 
Reading: Great With Child: Letters to a Young Mother by Beth Ann Fennelly.
Wanting: This on-the-go handwash, this book and this footstool pouf.
Looking: At my silhouette reflection in everything (including shiny office building facades. No shame).
Playing: With blocks. Specifically these and these.
Wasting: Wipes? They're especially convenient for cleaning grotty tv remotes.
Wishing: For this little babe to enter the world safely and swiftly.
Enjoying: All of the festive Halloween decorations around the neighborhood.
Waiting: For dusty shelves to figure out to clean themselves. Wouldn't that be amazing?
Liking: Sweater weather.
Wondering: What babies think about inside the womb.
Loving: Our plush new rug in the living room.
Hoping: That my grandfather passes on peacefully.
Marveling: At the fact that there is real person inside of me. Wild.
Needing: A hot water bottle on my lower back after spending any sort of time in a desk chair.
Smelling: Apple cider and eucalyptus. 
Wearing: My husband's t-shirts to bed every night.
Trusting: That my body knows what to do.
Noticing: How strangers see my belly and then smile or comment.
Knowing: Not a whole lot about taking care of a newborn. 
Thinking: About how I loved my bridesmaid hairstyle at my best friend's wedding (pictured).
Bookmarking: Hospital bag packing checklists and easy freezer meals.
Opening: Packages containing assorted tiny things such as snot suckers, teethers and stuffed toys.
Feeling: Joyful.

//

Oh what a difference a year makes! See previous list here.

P.S. For your reading/viewing pleasure:

Barbie hater? You might love their new ad.
Forget the new baby gift. Do this instead.
Identify your Style Profile in one easy step. For the record, I'm an "E."
The Power of Play. So much yes to this.
Ten simple things to make you happier at home. I especially agree with #'s 2, 3 & 10.
Well, this is adorable. And so is this (oh my heart!). 
And last, Imposter Mom.

2 comments:

Your thoughts always bring a smile to my face. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave them.