21 November 2011

Scenes From The Weekend











This was one of the first weekends in a long time where I was out and moving for most of it. Tiho and I dragged ourselves out of bed at 7 AM on Saturday in order to head into the city to see Emma's new apartment. She scored the deal of the century on a charming three bedroom (shared with two roommates) on at tree-lined street two blocks from the subway in upper Manhattan. We presented her with our housewarming gift (a coffee maker!) before venturing back out in search of brunch.

I found myself with a couple of hours to kill before meeting a former student for a playdate, so I decided to walk across central park, where blue skies, golden leaves and the most overwhelming sense of gratitude for New York City consumed me. Recently, it's been somewhat of a tumultuous relationship between this city and I, but at 2:00 in the afternoon on one of Autumn's most beautiful days, it was difficult to feel anything but unbridled appreciation.

After a joyous reunion with a very special four-year-old, I raced home to freshen up and then, on the arm of my love, attended a small dinner party where we feasted on lasagna and cherry pie while fussing over our friend's brand new rescue puppy. Sunday involved Thanksgiving-related errands, Nat King Cole on repeat and a few household projects and chores.

Now, it's two days of work and then...family and feasting! I can almost smell the stuffing...

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like the perfect weekend...and hooray for a short week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now THAT looks {and sounds} like a lovely weekend. And a two-day work week? Even better!

    Happy Thanksgiving-time, Kayla.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect weekend, and a gorgeous apartment for Emma (I'm envious)! Hope it's an easy two days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely weekend! Fairy lights and a bright red door? Love. Also, you look so happy and content and comfortable in that first snap with the shirt on. Top post, Kayla!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Fall weekend! The pics are great! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like a lovely weekend! Glad you got to enjoy the city and enjoy the beauty of autumn :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. new york in the fall time is like magic on earth. that picture of those yellow leaves makes me feel like i can almost feel the crispness in the air. and bravo to your sis on her new place!! lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Will, that's actually my sis! People say we look a lot alike, so I forgive you ;)

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts always bring a smile to my face. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave them.