09 August 2011

Baba's Garden








I'm still going through my photos from Bulgaria. I took so many over the course of our eleven days there and want to give them the attention they deserve. I'm planning to share several wonderful recaps over the next few weeks as I carve out the time to sit down and justly write about them all.

Tiho's paternal grandmother lives in the Bulgarian countryside in a big old house complete with wildflowers, grape trees, and a backyard garden filled with peppers, cucumbers, and tomatoes. I didn't dare venture into the outdoor (and only!) toilet on the property: instead, I got lost in the beauty surrounding her front doorstep.

--

I'm feeling a little blue today with the onset of increasingly scary world news. It doesn't always feel appropriate writing in this space when I think about all that's going on, but then simultaneously, I'm reminded of the very reasons I do.

7 comments:

  1. I haven't been blogging for long, and sometimes I wonder if it's a too-idyllic space we write in. An escape. But I guess we all need that, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please do keep writing - the normality is welcoming amongst all the horrific events.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos are just so beautiful, and your words, as Will said, are a wonderful way to escape from everything else that's happening. The fact that you even consider current events when writing makes me love you all the more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's days like today that it's most important to see the beauty in this world, near and far. It reminds us why we need to overcome all the fear and bad things happening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I look forward to seeing more photos of this magical place!

    I'm so glad that you keep on writing in this beautiful space, Kayla. It helps to get through days like this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful colors... remind me of the walk I just had today. My grandma's garden, too, was full of flowers and have sparked my desire to have a plentiful flower garden one day.

    I am so very glad you continue to write even though you don't feel it to be appropriate, because, as you said, it is that much more appropriate in times like these.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts always bring a smile to my face. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave them.