20 June 2011

Scenes From The Weekend








Summer weekends are something special, aren't they? Each June, I am pleasantly reminded how it feels to breathe in the balmy breeze through the open kitchen window; how the neighborhood positively shimmers during a evening walk to the local pizza joint; how peaches and radishes radiate brilliance from their humble position on the farm stand table.

I found myself with plenty of downtime this weekend, which is always a welcomed relief from the day to day hum. A tiny white butterfly followed me all the way from my house to the train station on Saturday afternoon: I was convinced this signified something, though I couldn't begin to tell you what. I also decided that becoming a professional recipe taster at Trader Joe's just might be the best job ever.

Lately, all of the little moments that make up life in the summertime feel synonymous to the beautiful bellowing of church bells late in the afternoon.

14 comments:

  1. I didn't move from the sofa nearly all weekend, but feeling a little better now.

    As for tasting recipes at Trader Joes?! I'm game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the first picture with the radishes and carrots =)

    - Sarah
    http://agirlintransit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would love to be a food-taster too! At least, part-time :) I'd have to run all day long if I had that job.

    These are great photos. I feel so relaxed just looking at them, especially the skies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These photos are gorgeous, and you captured the loveliness of June afternoons so perfectly. Your prose is as delicious as that French toast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is that painting next to the vase of flowers??? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "An evening walk to the local pizza joint," hmmm? This sounds like a brilliant idea to me! Might just have to arrange something like that next weekend, the last one before school's out for the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woah, those radishes are big - bigger than the carrots! Love your photos, as always. : ) You can be a professional recipe taster at Trader Joe's?! Please sign me up.. I miss & love Trader Joe's!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why are pictures of fruit and veggies at farmer's markets so calming to me???

    Beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Rebekka: It's by Michelle Armas, one of my very favorite artists (based in Atlanta). I wrote about that painting a few months back. I also did a featured post on her work. Click through for more info!

    http://exquisitebanana.blogspot.com/2011/03/new-on-my-desk.html

    http://exquisitebanana.blogspot.com/2011/02/newly-acquired-original-michelle-armas.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. i loved reading this post :) youre such a dreamy dreamer and i love it. that butterfly totally meant something :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That french toast is something seriously mouthwatering. This past weekend didn't quite feel like summer yet, but now that I'm in LA and I've felt the heat here, I know it. This weekend I think will be my first real summer weekend. And in San Fran too. I'm so excited. Hope you're having a great week, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. sounds like a great weekend. lazy summer weekends are some of my favorites, especially if they contain french toast as delicious as that picture!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh, looks like an exceptionally lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts always bring a smile to my face. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave them.