14 March 2011

Scenes From The Weekend, Part 1

 (rocks & waves)

 (docks)

(water portraits)

(shell collection)

(a good view...but I'm biased)

(shimmery water)

(mother & daughter)

 ("blueberry-dipped" shell)

 (the last full hour of daylight)

(windy)

I took a lot of photos in Westport this weekend, and decided to split them into two separate posts. I'll publish the second set tomorrow with a more comprehensive recap. I'm dubbing these the "by the water" collection: On Saturday, we went for a leisurely late afternoon stroll around the grounds of our  inn and found a rocky beach where we stopped to collect shells and inhale the crisp, whip-cold, salty air.

My usual state of mind typically translates as "relaxed," but after an hour wandering these surroundings, I felt like I was in a downright trance. The water does that to me. New England water, especially. I will forever associate it with the unparalleled comfort of home.

14 comments:

  1. You said it perfectly...I will also always associate New England waters with the comforts of home. Lovely shots...and how gorgeous is your Mom?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. bliss, and beautiful photographs!

    you two look like sisters :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same way about water, especially in Georgian Bay in Canada where I used to go camping all the time. I'm so glad you had a good time and I'm looking forward to the rest of the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I miss the New England coastline. California's doesn't quite have the same feel to it. The Pacific has an entirely different personality than the Atlantic does. I'm a bit homesick now. So glad you had a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your comment about associating the New England waters with the comforts of home, is the same as me with the British countryside, esp. the Cotswolds. It just feels like home. Calm, peaceful, safe. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What gorgeous photos-I'm glad you got to really unwind this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I always love the scenes from your weekend, but these are especially amazing! What a gorgeous spot! I have always wanted to visit New England... So thanks for "taking" me along with you. Looking forward to part 2!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love days by the sea! i used to live in bangor, me and we would head over to the coast and wader around the rocks and cliffs. these make me think of those good times. your photos are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. aw, the shot of you and your mom is sweet! looks like a wonderful time :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. looks like a wonderful weekend! These photos definitely made me homesick! You are so lucky to spend a nice weekend with family :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seemed like such a beautiful day! You and your mom have the same joyous smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful camping spot! Nice to read your article! I am looking forward to sharing your adventures and experiences.I like the way you describe the post with us. Many thanks

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts always bring a smile to my face. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave them.