16 February 2011

Surprise "French" Picnic

Allow me to gush today, friends. After last night, I can't help myself. Tiho and I celebrated Valentine's day yesterday (the 15th) because I had night class on the 14th.

This is what I arrived home to after work:


An indoor picnic on our bedroom floor, complete with a blanket, candlelight, rose petals, a basket containing a baguette, assorted cheeses, olives, crackers, stuffed mushrooms (my favorite!) and a bottle of wine. Oh, and romantic french background music and a vase of long-stemmed red roses.


I was speechless. And so touched. But then, that's who Tiho is. He just gets it. And me.


I love you, T. Thank you for this romance, today and every day.

22 comments:

  1. What a sweetheart...so thoughtful & romantic! Happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that is just about the sweetest, most romantic thing ever!! You are both adorable and he is definitely a keeper =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so lovely! I would feel like a scene from a romantic movie! Tiho should be teaching men how to treat their girlfriends:-) I'm very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY GOODNESS. How could you not gush?! Lovely. Isn't it funny how daily activities become "OOh, I could put this on the blog!" : ) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. You're a very lucky girl! A french picnic on the bedroom floor looks and sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an absolute sweetheart! Such a romantic way to celebrate Valentine's-you are one lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. That's amazing Kay, I hope you had the best night :)

    love,
    emma

    ReplyDelete
  8. AWWW! i love good men :) so happy he spoiled you and pulled off such a romantic evening. happy valentines day my dear! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my goodness, what a fabulous surprise! lucky lady!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this post made me smile... sooo sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the sweet comments, everyone! I love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so freaking adorable and sweet! you are a lucky girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazingly romantic! What a great surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  14. you two are the CUTEST ever!!!

    so glad i've found your LOVEly blog through erin at pugh's news :)

    gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Totally stealing this idea for my 1st year anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Going from two Social Security checks to one can represent a significant drop in income. So can the loss of a pension benefit, or a cut in the survivor's benefits.TeddyBär

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts always bring a smile to my face. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave them.