14 February 2011

Scenes From The Weekend

(waffles & fruit, Sunday morning)

(Friday's faculty retreat at the Dorr lodge & nature reserve)

 (learning how to focus my brand new Nikon D3100)

 (shades of plum in front of the fire)

 (a forever comforting sight: coffee, steaming)

(chocolate cupcakes with pink coconut snowball frosting = delectable Friday night treat)

(kooky/wonky, what have you)

I bought myself a beautiful new Nikon D3100 last week and spent a good chunk of the weekend attempting to figure out how to do more than turn it on. I think it will take me all Spring to really get the hang of the immense power and nifty functions, but I'm cool with that. I love it. All I want to do is take pictures. (And hooray for fulfilling one of my resolutions!)

Picture-taking served as a necessary interlude from working, which is what characterized the rest of my weekend. Between thesis-drafting, resume-editing and general paper-writing, I came up for air only to eat and watch our weekly Netflix (Salt) on Saturday evening. We also made a quick Whole Foods run, and now I'm delighted with the produce-packed fridge. Just the way I like it.

This week is shaping up to be a busy one, but I'm thinking a good one, too.  Hope you find your balance as well. 

Oh, and happy happy Valentine's day! We're celebrating cozy-style tomorrow night...a midweek romantic break if you will :)

8 comments:

  1. I'm the same with my PEN camera - so many functions I am yet to work out!

    Have a fab week, Kayla!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous and hungry now hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you're really getting the hang of it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hooray for the new camera! love that last pic :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for your new camera!! I just upgraded too and its SO much fun to have a new toy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy valentines day to you my dear!! and congratulations on that i.n.c.r.e.d.i.b.l.e. camera. holy moly. cannot wait to see all the beautiful pics you're going to take with it! xo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Horray for your new camera-can't wait to see all the photos you'll snap with it! Happy Valentine's Day, darling, and I love that you're keeping it wonky!

    xo, Lena

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cannot wait to get snapping. Thanks for your lovely comments, everyone!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts always bring a smile to my face. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave them.