22 February 2011

Paris!


We just booked the first leg of our European get-a-way this summer and I am bursting at the seams with excitement: we're starting out with several days in Paris! I've never been and after months of saving and planning, I'm feeling a little flabbergasted that it's actually happening. More details to come...

(Versailles in the summer)

I realize this adorable "Live the Language" promotional video has been popping up all over the internet the past few days, but I had to share it here, too. My french is limited to bonjour and macaron: I'd say it's about high time to get "living..."



 Ahh! (I could cry, I'm so happy and grateful right now).

(image # 1 by Journey & Landscape, image # 2 by Nicole Hill Gerulat, promotional video by Education First)

15 comments:

  1. I am going to Paris soon, too, and am just as excited!! If you'll share your plans for Paris, I'd love it... I want to make sure I don't miss anything! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excitement levels off the scale! YAY! You are going to love Paris!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kimberly, as soon as I know, I will share. We haven't booked more than the flight...still researching places to stay, things to see, etc. Keep me updated too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen that video before, and OH my goodness. C'est tres jolie!!! (And that's about the extent of my French.) I'm so excited for you and I've got a great mapbook to recommend and this: http://www.airbnb.com/rooms/9474 is the place where we stayed.

    Yay!!! Just thinking about the baguettes is making me crazy right now. See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. envy!! sounds very exciting. i love that second picture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooo! that's so very exciting! i'm quite happy for you. now the hard part: waiting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. PARIS?!?! Eeek, how exciting! Can't wait to hear more about your big trip!

    xo, Lena

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoa, that's exciting! You're gonna have a blast of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So excited for you! A big trip to Paris/Europe is still in the "dream" stages for us. Cannot wait to hear more about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. gaaah!!! i am SO EXCITED FOR YOUUU! and for me...because i get to read your blog and see all your photos! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so amazing! I've been to Paris once and I fell in love with the city. It was the first place I found myself thinking "I could live here". I can't wait to go back! AND .. I can't wait to hear more about your plans!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the Paris plans! I've been wanting to go for so long, but haven't had a chance yet. I need to start planning that myself. Maybe the world will help me and work some magic.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, all! I'll keep everyone updated as we plan more...will definitely be needing recommendations.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts always bring a smile to my face. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave them.