02 February 2011

Another Day, Another Gorgeous Swedish Apartment


I'm beginning to think they put something in the water over in Sweden. How is it possible that every home I come across looks this fresh and chic? I think the charm comes from excellent interior "bones" paired with simple wood and white furnishings and fun little punches of color in all the right places.

I find myself admiring the small details here, such as the wreaths on the windows, the clustering of mismatched gold candlesticks on the coffee table and the shiny round tray on the dinette. Also, the letter "E," because it automatically makes me think of my sister.

(see more on freshome)

10 comments:

  1. Sweden always amazes me as well...gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you, I think there must be something in the water over there, or maybe it is the light in Sweden that makes everything look so bright and fresh? The candlesticks are my favorite little feature too, I think I need to collect a cute little cluster for my living room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am completely in love with those windows!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! That's MY apartment, with my initial sitting right there on the windowsill. And here I've been living in my 1960s split-level fixer-upper all this time! What a silly girl I am.

    I'll just head home to my Swedish dream apartment now...

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do the Swedes do it? This apartment is absolutely HEAVENLY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel the same way, I am constantly inspired by the simplicity of their homes. And they always seem full of natural light!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the wreath! and yes....it is something in the water.

    ReplyDelete
  8. just linked this article on my facebook account. it’s a very interesting article for all.



    Apartments in Odessa

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts always bring a smile to my face. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave them.