08 November 2010

Scenes From The Weekend


My weekend was characterized by a lot of great conversation, food and laughter. I mostly forgot to take photos but managed to snap a few from my iphone at random moments, so please excuse the grainy quality of some.

Saturday morning, we made the two-hour trip to my nana's house, picked up my sister from her bus, and spent the afternoon playing board games and watching old home movies.  We decided to take nana to a cozy Italian restaurant for dinner and upon arrival, were met by my uncle, aunt and three young cousins. Nana had no idea they were going to be there, which made for a fun and happy birthday surprise. It was really nice to catch up with my family over a delicious meal and plenty of wine.

My uncle and his wife & kids weren't spending the night, so they headed back downstate post dinner. We continued the evening festivities at a tea and pastry shop and then saw a local viewing of Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps (Nana's pick!). Random tidbit: a significant chunk of the movie was filmed at Fordham University (where I went to undergrad). It was cool to spot a couple of familiar faces in a few scenes.

Sunday morning found us indulging the glorious extra hour of sleep and devouring a omelet brunch cooked by my momma. We headed home in the afternoon and collapsed on the couch for the rest of the day.

As usual, the weekend felt like it passed much too quickly and I found myself greedily wishing for an extra day of rest upon Sunday's sunset. How about you? Do you feel the same, or are you happy to welcome a new week this morning?

7 comments:

  1. Your Nana is gorgeous!!! And a seriously cool chick for picking that movie.
    Love the fabulous photos, as always. Sounds like a lovely weekend, hope the week to come is just as lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your nana is soo beautiful! whata cozy weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a wonderful weekend, and what a gorgeous family you have!

    I was pretty delighted for the extra hours of sleep, but this week begins "Project Hard Work"-John and I are going all out until Thanksgiving (and even then, it will be a miracle if I can get him to nap on Turkey Day)! Wish us luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Talk about Glam Gran! How fabulous! I was so touched to read this post as I've always been so close to my Gran, she ROCKS!

    A lovely weekend, Kayla, thanks for sharing. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday to your Gran! Sounds like you had a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Em & Kimia, thank you! She was very excited to hear that her picture was on my blog even though she doesn't understand what a blog is.

    Lena, I'll be sending you lots of productive vibes the next couple of weeks ;)

    Will, thanks for the sweet comments: It makes me happy to know that it touched you :)

    Elizabeth, We did, thanks! But whenever you comment, it makes me realize how much I miss you. We need to rectify that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks like a great weekend. i love surprising family and friends on their birthdays!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts always bring a smile to my face. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave them.