04 October 2010

Scenes From The Weekend

 (click on photos to enlarge)

Hi there, and happy Monday! How was your weekend? I am happy to report that I'm nearly 100% recovered from the flu/cold that was plaguing me last week. I think it has something to do with how much quality time I spent outdoors this weekend, breathing in the fresh mountain air of upstate New York.

On Saturday morning, my mom, Tiho and I took a little road trip to Ithaca College where my sister Emma is a senior. We drove up to see her in a performance of Electra (she's obtaining a BFA in Musical Theater). The show wasn't until Saturday evening though, so we had the whole afternoon to enjoy her adorable college town, and as luck would have it, downtown Ithaca was hosting its annual "Apple Fest." We spent the afternoon strolling through that and sampling lots yummy fall goodies like corn dogs and apple funnel cake. We headed to the hotel before dinner to freshen up and were surprised and delighted by its charm. Imagine a quaint English castle-like structure with manicured gardens, gazebos, wood-burning fireplaces and a complimentary wine hour. And, to top it all off, as we settled into our room, we were able to sneak a peek at a wedding ceremony taking place on the grounds below. Window voyeurism at its finest, thank you very much :)

Saturday evening found us enjoying a delicious Italian dinner at a local restaurant and watching Emma shine in her play. We rounded out the night with tea and chocolate in bed, falling asleep to an old movie in our hotel room.

Sunday morning, we had a late breakfast at a cute cafe just outside the gates of Cornell and spent the next few hours walking the campus and taking lots of pictures. The trees were radiant in hues of yellow, orange and red; the temperature crisp and cool. Essentially, exactly what you imagine a idyllic fall backdrop to be. Cornell's campus is gorgeous and made me a tad nostalgic for my own college days. I'll forever feel at home on any historic university campus, especially in the early autumn throes of back-to-school.

It was less than a 36 hour trip but proved to be just what I needed to recharge. Were you able to spend some time outdoors this weekend? Isn't fall time magnificent?

(all images my own)

4 comments:

  1. You look adorable, and I'm so envious of all the gorgeous fall foliage you got to enjoy! We ate pumpkin bread, butternut squash risotto and sweet potatoes to fake a little fall here in SF, where it's cool but not a single orangey leaf is in sight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lena :) Your fall-inspired "meals" sound divine and San Fransisco is currently # 1 on the list of places I really want to visit, so I'd say you have it pretty good, fall or no fall ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos!! And I'll take one of those delicious looking corn dogs, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures! I love Ithaca. My cousin goes to Cornell!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts always bring a smile to my face. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave them.