30 August 2010

Sea Trekkin' in St. Maarten


This week, I've decided to do a few posts (1-2 per day, interspersed with non-trip posts as well) that cover some of our absolute favorite cruise memories and experiences. Not surprisingly, there are a lot, so this seems like an easy way to share various snippets of our trip.


This one is all about SNUBA, aka, helmet diving. The photos pretty much speak for themselves in describing what we encountered 25 feet below the ocean surface. Those space-like helmets allowed us to breathe freely while we ogled the underwater world at a Caribbean reef in St. Maarten:


 It was a completely surreal and absolutely stunning experience that will remain ingrained in my memory for the rest of my life. Every time I look through these photos, I can't stop my mouth from breaking out in a crazy big grin.

 Tiho and I were so enamored with "helmet diving" that we are now planning to get scuba-certified sometime next year so we can go actual scuba-diving on all future trips to tropical destinations.

3 comments:

  1. That looks so awesome. I have never heard of this before, but now I really want a go! Glad you had a great trip.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth, you HAVE to do this if you ever have the chance. I think it's a fairly new thing offered in tropical destinations. So much cooler than snorkeling and better yet, zero experience needed as with scuba diving.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts always bring a smile to my face. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave them.