24 March 2010

Breathe the Air

"Live in each season as it passes. Breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influence of each. Be blown on by all the winds, open all your pores, and bathe in all the tides of nature; in all her streams and oceans, at all seasons."
-Henry David Thoreau

My family is fortunate enough to have a summer cottage located just half a block from the beach, in Cape Cod, MA. For as long as I can remember, the aforementioned quotation has hung in the bathroom there, just under the blue gingham curtains.

Today, as I feel the sun on my face, and see the pale pink buds beginning to tease themselves into view on the trees, I am reminded of how not more than a few weeks ago, this city was covered in a foot of snow.

I adore the change of seasons, and how swiftly the impending one always seems to approach.

Such delicious anticipation, four times a year.

(image via sunshine diary)

2 comments:

  1. I really like that picture and for me to say this you should know you have found something special :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, babe. I'm thinking maybe we can frame it and hang it in our new bathroom? love you :)

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts always bring a smile to my face. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave them.